Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- I talked to three financial planners and asked them what their clients say they wish they’d done with their money when they were younger.
- One financial planner said his clients wish that they’d started investing and saving for retirement sooner, since starting early often means a larger balance later.
- Another financial planner finds that his clients regret spending or taking on debt for status symbols, like luxury cars.
- Two financial planners say their clients wish they’d spent more on things they enjoy, like travel or family and friends, instead of being so aggressive about saving.
- Want to learn more about financial planners? Get Personal Finance Insider’s “Guide to Financial Planners”